I hope it’s not too late for this, given we discussed staying gluten free at The Office Christmas Party yesterday…
Here’s a question that occasionally crops up: gluten free Christmas kisses.
“Is it OK to kiss my girl/boy friend if s/he has been eating cake or drinking beer?”
I think the chances of consuming gluten “second-hand” like this are fairly slim, but:
- it doesn’t take much gluten to cause a reaction (a breadcrumb is enough)
- and some people do seem to be more sensitive to gluten than others (for example, needing to be wheat-and-gluten-free, not just codex wheat-with-the-gluten-mostly-removed).
If this is you, then perhaps you’ll have to ask your partner to brush their teeth… sometimes difficult, I know! Another option sometimes suggested is to invite them to drink something gluten-free (juice, perhaps, or water). And do check that facial hair…
You don’t want to be ill over Christmas, do you?
On a slightly happier note, here are some links to Christmas kisses that are definitely gluten free:
- My kisses are gluten free t-shirt – just gorgeous
- Maraschino marzipan kisses recipe – yum!
- Ladies kisses recipe – in Italian
- Australian kisses – a variety of biscuit kisses to buy
- and Sweet Kisses from the UK (I’m hoping to try these very soon!)
Watch out for that mistletoe…