Are you planning to buy ready-made gluten free food for Christmas?
Don’t forget about the delivery schedules: the last order dates are approaching!
Supermarket Christmas delivery dates are available now, and the pick of these may have already gone. If you’re hoping to book a Christmas food delivery, get it in their diaries today. Don’t forget that you can book a delivery with just one item or two in your shopping basket, and fill your basket up later.
Note that if you need a prescription over Christmas, then you may need to get your prescription request in early (at our doctors, requests are required by 16 December). Remember that there will be a delivery delay at the pharmacist too, especially for fresh bread.
As for the specialist suppliers, here are dates for our favourite suppliers that I know about so far:
- Goodness Direct – I called them to ask, and it seems orders as late as 22nd December may still arrive before Christmas
- Droppa & Droppa – cut off date for orders to be delivered before Christmas is midnight on 16th December; last delivery date is 23 December. No deliveries available between 23 Dec and 11 Jan.
- Lifestyle – I emailed them to ask, as no-one was answering the phone. They replied very quickly, and said that orders should be placed as soon as possible, and the last delivery date set as 23 December.
- Gluten Free Foods Direct – Christmas orders must be received by 5pm on 17 December; no guarantees that orders placed after this date will be delivered before Christmas.
- Johnson’s Dietary Provisions – cut off date for orders to be delivered before Christmas is 5pm on Wednesday 16th December; last delivery date is 23 December (and they’ll be closed 23 Dec to 5 Jan)
- Dietary Needs Direct – I spoke by phone to them, and they suggested that the 20th would be a sensible last-order date.
Any others? Who have I forgotten?