Are you a parent of a child recently diagnosed with coeliac disease? Or maybe you or your child has been diagnosed for a while, but you’re looking for more information?
I’ve written a book summarising what we’ve learnt over 20 years of dealing with the gluten free diet, and it might be just what you’re looking for. It packs the lessons we’ve learned into what I hope is a helpful and straightforward guidebook. I hope it will be useful for parents and carers, but also for those people who support families as they get to grips with managing the coeliac lifestyle.
Our eldest was diagnosed with coeliac disease when she was a one-year-old, and we’ve been dealing with the issues that the gluten free diet raises every day since then.
- nursery: private child-care and state-provided nursery
- school: primary and secondary
- school trips and residentials
- camps, hikes and expeditions
- birthday parties and other celebrations
- eating out at restaurants
- travelling within the UK and abroad
- work experience and internships
- going to university.
Still smiling—and still gluten free.
What’s in the book?
Raising Your Coeliac Child discusses the key issues facing families as they start to manage the gluten free diet for their child:
- Knowing what can (or can’t) be safely eaten
- Discussing the diagnosis with children and other adults
- The psychological impact of the diagnosis
- Dealing with the daily details, from school trips and birthday parties to travelling and eating out
- Dealing with negative comments—and making mistakes.
If you’re looking for gluten free recipes, this isn’t the book for you. Rather, it’s about how to handle all those issues that crop up every day, whether it’s picky eating, school dinners or travel insurance—and all the emotions that come with the diagnosis.
Raising Your Coeliac Child
Raising Your Coeliac Child is available at Amazon as a paperback, or as an ebook.
Please note that this page includes affiliate links to Amazon. This means that if you buy something after clicking on that link, I will earn a small commission. Your purchase won’t cost you any extra.