My coeliac daughter spent Sunday afternoon making gluten free chocolate truffles as Christmas gifts for her friends; she made some of them dairy free, as well.
It’s always nice to have a few sweet treats around at Christmas, so here’s the recipe for you – and it is easy-peasy:
Gluten Free Chocolate Truffles
100g (or 4oz) of chocolate (check it is gluten free – and use dairy free if necessary)
25g (or 1oz) of butter
25g (or 1oz) of icing sugar (I think this is called confectioner’s sugar in the US)
50g (or 2oz) of crumbled gluten free chocolate cake (again, use dairy free cake if needed)
4 tablespoons of chocolate sugar strands (we used Supercook’s: do check that they are gluten free)
some small, pretty, paper cases
- Melt the chocolate and butter together
- Sift the icing sugar into the mix
- Add the cake crumbs and stir well
- Let it cool
- Spread the chocolate sugar strands on a plate
- Scoop up a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball in the sugar strands. It should end up coated in them.
- Pop the ball into a paper case
- Make more!
Pop them into the fridge to chill – and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Eat them within about 5 days.
She put a few into a pretty box for each friend, and wrapped the box in ribbon. Lovely!