The True Lovers Knot is a small inn in Dorset, with just 4 rooms available – but is a finalist in the national Business Innovation of the Year Award alongside such blue-chip companies such as BT and Norwich Union, having won the regional award for Wales and the SouthWest.
This is because of its attempt to cater for all, including:
- Providing deaf awareness training and sign language lessons for staff
- Installing a hearing loop to assist customers with hearing aids
- Providing menus in audio, large print and Braille.
- Investing in vibrating alarm clocks for the pub’s letting rooms.
- Providing gluten-free and sugar-free dishes to cater for customers with coeliac disease and diabetes.
Congratulations to the True Lovers Knot! Don’t you just love to hear about tiny companies competing against the big guys? In my other life I review the websites of big companies, and I can tell you that hardly any of the FTSE 100 provide their materials such as the annual report in audio, large print and Braille. No idea how many of the big companies provide gluten free meals in their canteens, but that would be an interesting survey!