Thanks Gluten Free Steve, I think … I’ve never been tagged with a meme before.
Here are the rules of the game:
1. Once tagged, let others know who tagged you.
2. Players are to list 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules within their meme-tag post.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
Er … OK … 8 random facts about me
Did you know that:
- I like to read fantasy trilogies, and I just love Robin Hobb’s work (also waiting anxiously for the next George RR Martin)
- I am a doctor of philosophy (D.Phil) – specialist subject, Aristotle’s theories about reproduction. Yes, he had theories about everything, and although you probably think of him as a moral and political philosopher, he did a lot of science.
- I was awarded a Blue Peter badge when I was a lot younger – no, I haven’t still got it! For those not in the UK, Blue Peter is a long-running children’s programme and the badges – at least used to be – coveted objects
- I like Marmite. A lot. Especially on toast with poached eggs.
- Although I am British, we lived in America for about 18 months when I was 7-8, so I went to school there for a while. Main memories: daily mental maths tests, baton-twirling at school and peanut butter, jelly and fluff sandwiches. None of that stuff went on in the UK back then!
- I was woken up this morning at about 3 by my daughter’s hamster scuffling about under my bed. Much entertainment as we tried to retrieve her and put her back in her cage in the dark.
- As a teenager, I spent one (short!) school holiday potato picking. And spent my earnings on a pair of snazzy boots. Boots were great – picking potatoes was not.
- Having survived a week in the Cretan heatwave (44 degrees) earlier this summer without skin damage, I’ve managed to get badly sunburnt in an hour on Seaford beach in the UK last weekend.
Is that OK, Steve?
And now I’m supposed to nominate 8 more victims – no, I mean, bloggers who I admire greatly. But who hasn’t already done this? I think I must be the last one picked for the Gluten Free Blogger team.
If there is anyone still left on the sidelines, pretending that they didn’t really want to play after all, ‘fess up now – write your list, tell the world you’re playing on my side, and tell me – I’ll post your link here …
I’ve written a book summarising what we’ve learnt over 20 years of dealing with the gluten free diet, and it might be just what you’re looking for. It packs the lessons we’ve learned into what I hope is a helpful and straightforward guidebook. It’s available on Amazon, as a paperback or for your Kindle…